Maturing Gracefully assists families and those in need in the recruitment, selection, training, management and employment of appropriate and qualified personnel to meet the AFC personnel qualifications and responsibilities.
Maturing Gracefully also helps to evaluate AFC caregivers and the qualified setting. We provide admission and clinical assessment of each member and the management of the AFC plan of care with the primary care-physician and others involved in the care of the member.
Families Will Receive
- A monthly tax free allowance
- A native speaker is available in Spanish, Portuguese, Cape Verde Creole, Haitian Creole and other languages upon request.
Each Member Receives Access to a Registered Nurse to:
- Assist with health and medication education
- Visit with caregiver and member on a monthly/bimonthly basis
- Prepare a plan of care
- Monitor for early detection of infection or illness
- Ensure compliance with medical treatment regimens and appointments
In Addition, A Case Manager:
- Provides support to AFC caregivers and members
- Completes home assessments to ensure safety
- Facilitates emergency preparedness planning
- Assists with applying for government funded programs and resoruces
- Provides referrals for durable medical equipment, adult day health, senior care options and much more!
- Must be 18 or older
- Must live with member in order to provide needed care
Caregiver Cannot Be:
- A spouse
- Parent of the member if the member is under 18 years old
- Legally responsible for the member
- Must be 16 years of older
- Must qualify for Mass Health
- Requires some level of assistance with 1 or more activities of daily living, i.e., cueing, supervision, physical assistance or a combination of needs due to physical, developmental or psychiatric disability, advanced age or chronic illness
Mon-Thu 8am – 4pm
473 Ashley Blvd. New Bedford, MA 02745